The Persons Who Brought The Best Out Of Me

by 21:24 0 comments



Recalling the past events is something I don't usually prefer to do. While some may consider it to be a great habit but the fact is I have not achieved anything remarkable yet to look back and appreciate.

My literary journey started back in school days mostly because of the great English teachers I had both in school and tuition.
They are the ones who inspired me by explaining short stories, poems and even dramas with innermost meanings and taking a literary work to a whole different level.

So Special Thanks To
1. Mrs .N.Majumdar Mam - From My School Who Always Believed In My Abilities. I Always Wanted To Improve My English Writing Skills To Keep Up With Her Endless Believe In Me. That Made Me Stronger.

2. Mrs. Swathi Banerjee Mam - My English Tutor In Class IX & X Who Is Actually Responsible For Growing My Interest In English Literature And Helping Me Developing A Passion For It. Her Interpretation Of Any Literary Piece Was Multi-Dimensional.


3. Mr. Rajib Chakravorty Sir - My English Tutor In Class XI & XII Who Gave Me The Confidence To Travel Further Miles.


So Class XI and XII and the first year of my college are some of the years when I wrote most of the poems which are getting published even now. Around that period I wrote around 20 poems, some of which were crappy and I eliminated them by the end of college life. A handful of 6-7 poems out of them were worth publishing and are selected for different anthologies.
-------------------------------------------------------

From the second year to final year of my college was the time when I thought of quitting my passion for writing. I did not even thought of writing and wrote nothing. It is the time that I regret the most now. This is the sole reason I am a late starter now.

1.      Akshita Parekh, a classmate in my college, read a post of mine on Facebook and on her first message, recommended me to try my writing skills and planted the idea of publishing them.

2.      Debasmita Purkait who encouraged me to write and visit a psychologist on a regular basis.

3.      Special mention goes to my friends Surya Kanta Dey and Santu Kandu who backed me a lot.

4.      My school friends Satyaki Sanyal and Sayak Deyashi are the best support system I have since school days.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, after my college got over, I had some fruitful interactions with several people on Twitter who by then had published their works in Anthologies and even Novels.
Special Thanks To
1. Apurva Joshi - who gave me the idea about publishing in anthologies' contest.

2. Shilpa Suraj - who recommended me to join the Facebook group FWBA which is a very active group where all your doubts will be clarified by several authors in there.

3. Jyoti Arora - She helped me a lot to understand the publishing industry and about writings.

4. Biswadeep Ghosh Hazra - Who was very kind and helpful and it was him who told me about the ongoing writing contests and where to find them.

Since then it has really been a smooth journey so far.
I have got 2 rejection among 8 anthology writing contests that I took part so far which is a dream start for me.
 One of which awarded me the best English poem in the book among 100 English poems.



Monojit Dutta

Just Another Writer

Hey! Thanks For Visiting My Blog. I Assume You Are Not Really Interested In Knowing Who I Am And What I Do. That's Probably Because You Don't Care Or You Already Know. Just In Case You Are An Exception To My Assumption, Facebook Is Always There For You. Do Come Back Again. Cheerio!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Opinion Matters As Much As Your Read!