Poem - A Circular Table

by 19:58 0 comments

A Circular Table

When I breathed and cried amidst the faces unknown
You were the ones who told me “you are not alone”.
When I trembled to face the new world at school
You taught me to make new friends and be cool.
Then that day when I was beaten black and blue
You explained lovingly - one and one makes two.

You held my hand and stroked my hair to take away
All my pain and despair with your gentle utmost care.
You held me tightly and took all the beatings on my behalf
From the storms, the troubles and the tragedies which befell.
Behind my success and my failure you stood firm and tall
It is your morals and values that answered “why do we fall?”

One day when I gave away my heart to a lovely girl,
You thought the bridges were burnt
And the table had turned
But it was actually my turn to serve
To stand beside you to provide what you deserved.

It wasn’t those expensive gifts that could please you,
It wasn’t those delicious dishes that could delight you,
Like those moments when I made time especially for you.


When you were afraid of the old age and beyond
I held your hands and strengthen our eternal bond.
When you cried and breathed your last amidst faces unknown
I was there repeating those old words “Be sure you are not alone,
Wherever you are, my heart will always beat for you” – Your one and own,

                                                                                Monojit Dutta.

Monojit Dutta

Just Another Writer

Hey! Thanks For Visiting My Blog. I Assume You Are Not Really Interested In Knowing Who I Am And What I Do. That's Probably Because You Don't Care Or You Already Know. Just In Case You Are An Exception To My Assumption, Facebook Is Always There For You. Do Come Back Again. Cheerio!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Opinion Matters As Much As Your Read!